The Conversa workbooks are a combination of textbook and workbook and are designed to introduce students to the most essential structures (nouns, verbs, short sentences) in Spanish allowing them to communicate in Spanish almost immediately. Gradually, through interconnected activities, students progress in a logical way to more common structures that govern how Spanish is spoken and written. The structures are introduced on the basis of how often they are used in everyday Spanish.
Beautifully designed, Conversa workbooks have great characters that the students can relate to, fun and unexpected stories that will captivate the students' imagination, a fresh and modern layout with amusing illustrations.
Pepe el zapato bailador
This book is the third of a series of three and covers Level II for the National Spanish Standards. It introduces the use of the past and imperfect tenses. Recommended for students from 7th to 10th grade that have taken Spanish I.
- Review greetings, colors and days of the week.
- Review cardinal numbers and ordinal numbers above 10th.
- Review interrogative pronouns.
- Introduce reflexive verbs.
- Review essential language structures needed for communication in the Spanish language.
- Introduce the use of comparatives, superlatives and the suffix: "ente".
- Review the use of definite and indefinite articles.
- Introduce language structures and vocabulary related to dressing, daily routines, eating and shopping.
- Review the use of adverbs and conjunctions.
- Introduce the use of simple and compound prepositions.
- Introduce the use of possessive adjectives.
- Introduce the use of Preterit and Imperfect tenses.
- Students will find comparisons and differences of regular household situations with Spanish speaking countries