The Conversa workbooks are a combination of textbook and workbook and are designed to introduce students to the most essential structures (nouns, verbs, short sentences) in Spanish allowing them to communicate in Spanish almost immediately. Gradually, through interconnected activities, students progress in a logical way to more common structures that govern how Spanish is spoken and written. The structures are introduced on the basis of how often they are used in everyday Spanish.
Beautifully designed, Conversa workbooks have great characters that the students can relate to, fun and unexpected stories that will captivate the students' imagination, a fresh and modern layout with amusing illustrations.
¡Al agua patos!
This book is the first book of a series of three using present tense only and covering level 1A for the National Spanish Standards. Recommended for students from 5th to 9th grade.
- Introduce the greetings, colors, days of the week and numbers 1- 1,000,000.
- Introduce formulaic expressions including ¿Cómo estás? ¿Cómo te llamas? and ¿Cúantos años tienes?
- Introduce basic questions ¿Qué? ¿Quién? ¿Cómo? ¿Cuándo? ¿Dónde? ¿Adónde? ¿Cuántos? ¿Por qué?
- Introduce basic structures: Hay, tiene, quiere, va a, se llama, dice, va a, le gusta, pide.
- Introduce basic commands related to movement, dressing, health and visits to the doctor.
- Introduce language structures and vocabulary related to clothing, dressing, health and visits to the doctor.
- Discuss dress codes in Spanish speaking countries.
- Discuss description of different people using adjectives.